About VCAM: mission : : history : : staff : : board of directors : : contact
"VCAM promotes free speech, civic engagement, government transparency and public dialogue by enabling easy access to the expanding world of media.
VCAM does this by providing the public training in and access to the tools and techniques of digital video, and by producing and distributing locally relevant noncommercial content via digital media outlets."
Statement of Purpose: (from VCAM's Articles of Incorporation)
specific purposes of this corporation are:
1. To foster free speech and public dialog by making easy, low-cost
access to the electronic media available to all citizens of
the VCAM service area for nonprofit and noncommercial purposes;
2. To support, the production and distribution of noncommercial
community-based media programs by providing individuals, organizations
and institutions on a non-discriminatory basis the necessary
resources to produce programming for the noncommercial access
channel(s) including production of studio and video equipment,
training and channel time;
3. To encourage the broadest possible community involvement
in the electronic media, especially by encouraging use of access
channels among a wide range of individuals, organizations and
institutions within the service area of the corporation;
4. To facilitate the use of the public access channels as a
public forum which promotes a free exchange of ideas and information;
5. To assure that no censorship over program content of the
public access channels exists, except as necessary to comply
with applicable laws, legal obligations, and the principles
of nonprofit and noncommercial programming.
6. To ensure that no individual is discriminated against with
regard to services, access to information or any activity of
Vermont Community Access Media because of race, national origin,
gender, age, sexual orientation, religion, physical disability,
political affiliation or economic status.
7. To solicit additional funds and resources for, and serve
as a vehicle for the funding of access activities in the area
served by the corporation.